Final Fantasy XV is the latest in the long-running Squaresoft cash-cow. I’m going to share some insights:
Grind for AP:
- Prerequisites: Noctis must be allowed to drive during the day and night, the Ascension-Exploration/Roadrunning node must be activated, the Regalia Type-F (beat the game), and sticky tape (but not the residue leaving kind).
- Drive to Lestallum and switch to Manual (Noctis drives).
- Start heading southwest and tape down the R2 button.
- You will drive in an endless circle gathering up AP along the way (the green circle in the figure below).
- Notes: You will hit the guard rail where I put “CRASH” on the figure below every single time, you will occasionally hit other cars, and, if Prompto hasn’t asked you who he should take pictures of, he’ll ask once and not again until you rest; otherwise, you will never be bothered.
- Lasagna al Forno: HP+4000, Double EXP, and nullifies fire, ice, and lightning.
- Marrowshroom Clowder: Guarantees critical hits.
- Each 24 hour cycle is roughly 48 minutes real-time.
- Playing Justice Defenders 5 doesn’t stop the game clock.
- Pressing Triangle while driving activates the car horn.
- If you hear, “imperials above us” or “magitek engine, it’s close” and you don’t want to fight, find a tree to hide under and they’ll leave after a short time.
- The entrances to Steyliff Grove and Castlemark Tower are only open at night.
- Paths. Look for paths. Almost everywhere you go will have at least a partial well-beaten path to follow.
Every guide I’ve found which tells one how to access the Ruin Depths in the Calm Lands is wrong! They all show some elaborate method for unlocking it which includes sending L5 birds 1, 2, and 3, then 2, 3, and 4, then 1, 3, and 4, then 1, 2, and 4, after sending 4 of each previous level out. And they always insist that you must send them ALL to the Calm Lands.
Here’s why it’s bullshit:
1. You can send them anywhere you’d like.
2. You need only send four of each level (maybe fewer, I haven’t tried fewer) – once the four L5s return, exit and reenter the ranch. Boom – the Depths are now open.
*. You also only need to fight 7 battles between batches.
Simpsons Loser Takes All
Cloak And Dagger
Battle Masters (Risk?)
Family Guy Trivia or Dare
Mini Mind Mover 3
Battle of the Sexes
Star Wars Monopoly
Big Bang Theory Clue
Apples To Apples Junior
Phase 10 Twist
Standard Playing Cards*
Phase 10 Dice*
Mille Borne Double Deck*
Cards Against Humanity*
Farkle (aka 10,000)*
* In the box.
I’ve been playing a lot of Final Fantasy X-2 lately and I have a few things to say that I feel could be helpful.
- New Game Plus
New Game Plus is great, but there are a few things that should be known:
- You can’t access this feature until you beat the game at least once and watch the credits until asked if you want to save the New Game Plus data. At which time, you will be bounced back to the game’s main menu where a new option appears.
- There are three ways to access New Game Plus.
- Beat the game (must be done or the following will not work).
- Load a saved game with New Game Plus data and soft-reset back to the game’s main menu. If playing the HD Remastered version on the PS3/PS4, don’t soft-reset. Instead press Start/Options, then Triangle, then select Yes.
- Die a horrible death and get Game Over while playing a saved game with New Game Plus data.
- You get to keep most of your stuff and progress. I will list the things that carry over or don’t carry over (as noted):
- In-Game menu
- Use: You retain every item on this list except Gysahl Greens.
- Key Items: You lose everything in this list except Al-Bhed Primers I-XXVI, Twilight Rain, Aurora Rain, Machina Booster, Machina Reactor, Victor Primoris, Corpus Invictus, and Magical Dances Vol I and II.
- Every character and trapped fiends’1 levels will be reset to 1.
- All accessories will be unequipped.
- The First Steps garment grid will be equipped to all characters and trapped fiends1.
- Rikku’s Dressphere will be reset to Thief.
- Paine’s Dressphere will be reset to Warrior.
- Yuna and all trapped fiends’1 Dresspheres will be reset to Gunner.
- Garment Grids:
- You will keep them all.
- The First Steps garment grid will be reset to its initial configuration.
- Abilities and Dresspheres:
- You will keep all of your Dresspheres.
- They will all retain their progress.
- You get to keep them all.
- You get to keep all of your hard-earned gil.
- Your play time continues from where it left off.
- You retain your completion percentage.
- Shinra’s Menu:
- Creature Creator1:
- All of your trapped fiends will be reset to story level 1.
- You will retain your bestiary entries.
- You retain the unlocked tournaments.
- You lose every entry in the Battle Simulator except a select few. So far, the first page and the Aeons carried over.
- The Fiend Arena Config resets to Default.
- CommSphere Network menu item disappears.
- Shinra’s Guide to Everything is always the same whether New Game Plus or not.
- You lose all of your Treasure Spheres.
- You retain Shinra’s Bestiary and Dossiers.
- Everything in the field resets including Calm Lands credits (100 for each company) – spend them while you can, unlocked dungeons, and treasure chests.
- O’aka’s debt gets set to a seemingly random amount. I have not noticed any pattern to it. One time it was 1,000 Gil. Another time it was 100,000 Gil.
- You lose all of your Sphere Break coins.
- You retain all of your Blitzball stats and players.
- The Bushido ability Momentum retains its internal kill count and continues to gain momentum.
1 Requires HD Remastered (PS3/PS4) or International